Sierra's View: Christmas 2011

BlogHer Header

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

It's been a wild one at the Ainge home. That's for sure. 
Holidays since the passing of Holland seem to be...different. There doesn't seem to be another way to put it. It's not that it's bad, it's just not as fun or energetic or joyful as it has been in the past. Particularly since everyone seems to still be grieving in one way or the other. 
The loudness was still apparent, however. No need to wonder about that.
 Maybe some dysfunction, too.  Whose family doesn't have that though, right?

On Christmas Eve "Eve", we had a cousin gathering. We put on a talent show. Which, I might add, was the most lame talent show that I have encountered. I sang while Mckenna played the piano and Brizzy sang. Four songs. Diva. That's it. Dearest family of mine: it's time to produce some more talents. We had a gift card white elephant exchange. It was fun to be reunited and laugh together. No one quite understands (or makes fun of you in my case) like your family. 


Christmas Eve incorporated just my immediate family (which in itself was 10 people haha). We had a beautiful family dinner. It was so weird to have an adult Christmas. Most of our Christmases have involved many children. But this year it was just Dane and Brizzy. (And let's be honest, Dane, who is four months old, doesn't really count. He's still adorable though. We'll keep him). 



Christmas was a long day. We went to church first so we didn't open presents until noon. Then, in the midst of the crinkling of wrapping paper being torn apart, we skyped Bri and her family. We didn't finish opening presents until four pm. Yikes. We took our dandy time, eh? 
Santa gave me a brand new blender, crock pot, and Macbook Pro. Guess I was a good girl this year? :)




I have a lot of things on my mind, but I'm trying to figure out how to put it all into words. So, for now, this is what you get. 
It has been so wonderful to just relax, enjoy time with family and friends, and sleep. My goodness! They don't warn you that you are going to be exhausted from going to school every single day. In college, too! And it only gets worse (or so I hear)!

I've been spending the past 24 hours with this little girl while Lex is at the beach. 
I just love her. 

My nieces and nephews are probably the cutest things ever.  
Hope all y'all had a wonderful Christmas too. 
xoxo. 

5 comments:

  1. Question - does your family ever get tired of being ridiculously good looking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a great time with your family this Christmas, Sierra! I know you were really looking forward to going home. Your nieces and nephews are the cutest ever! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'No one quite understands (or makes fun of you in my case) like your family.'

    Same case in mine! I'm their favorite joke! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun time. Love the Ainge clan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sierra,
    To get the pictures in a collage, download a program called "picasa."
    It's free, you just need to google it. After it's downloaded, it'll take all your pictures on your computer and put them on the program and there's a collage button and you can fiddle around with the different settings. Let me know if that doesn't help enough :)
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!