Sierra's View: Aingels We have Heard on High/Merry Christmas

BlogHer Header

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Aingels We have Heard on High/Merry Christmas

Catchy title eh? 
Side note: Growing up my family used to go caroling and we'd sing that Christmas song. We thought we were so hilarious. 


Last week, my choir, The Latter Day Celebration Choir (an auditioned group at Orem Institute of Religion) put on our Christmas Nativity Pageant. We, as students, created and built the set, wrote the script, found costumes, and most importantly, sang beautiful music encompassing the true meaning of this Christmas season: the Birth of our Savior. I was given the wonderful opportunity to sing the angel solo in some of the performances. In this particular song, children from the Utah Valley Children's Choir came to sing. They were dressed in all white, acting as the angels who came to wake the shepherds up.


I was extremely humbled and grateful to take part in this show. LDC has a special spirit to them--the people, the music, and the talent involved all creates a wonderful experience. Every day I am grateful to have tried out for this choir. I knew that this was something I was supposed to do. Every single day, I get to sing with these people and be enlightened with the Spirit. How awesome is that? My struggle with LDC has been one with many tears, frustration, and sadness. But, after our last show, I was reminded how truly wonderful this choir is, in spite of the lessons learned.


I am so grateful I was able to take part in this Christmas show because it truly put me in the Christmas spirit in midst of finals, stress, and lack of sleep. Thank you for all those who came out to support!
I won't be posting for the next few days because I'll be soaking up the Christmas laziness and enjoying time with my family ...AKA...eating...a lot...(but, hey, working out too!) but I just wanted to wish you all a very very VERY Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Below is the video of my solo. Enjoy. 
The link below the video is one song from the show that my choir sang. It is called "Father of Light." Listen to the words.  I posted this earlier, but I want to show it again so you can all hear the power. 
Yay for the Christmas season! 





Father of Light


xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!