Sierra's View: Whole Hearted.

BlogHer Header

Monday, September 12, 2011

Whole Hearted.

Do you have ever days (weeks, in my case) where you wish you could consistently change the way you solve your issues?
Do you ever wish you could change the way you react?

Or is that just me?
Sometimes I get so frustrated with myself.
Sometimes I get so frustrated with others.

Yes, I know, I've heard it all...
"You are wonderful despite your weaknesses."
"Your weaknesses are what make you the wonderful person that you are!"
"How you react is what makes you YOU."
And yes, I KNOW that I have so many wonderful qualities.
I am a very confident person. I have gone through a lot of trials to get where I am today. I wouldn't take those trials back for anything. I am proud of who I am. I know I'm a daughter of God.

However, these past couple of week was one of those weekends where I wish I didn't CARE SO MUCH.
My father once said to me, "Yes. You feel low a lot of time, but you also know the true joys. You experience so much joy Sierra. Not many people get to experience the lows AND highs like you do."

One of my all time favorite quotes:
"Where ever you go; go with all your heart."
And believe me, I do just that. But sometimes this is what frustrates me.
Because I don't do ANYTHING half hearted, I always end up getting let down by others.
Because I do everything with all of my heart, I tend to care too much.
You might say, no no no...no one can cares too much.
But I assure you, I have done it.
And I have learned that this caring, this loyalty, this love I feel for others often is never reciprocated. Their lack of commitment (mostly in friendships) always leads me to feeling alone.

I don't mean to be all emo. I have so many wonderful people in my life who have blessed it. But I also feel alone in my efforts.

So fellow bloggers, I need some advice.
How do I continue on my "whole heartedness" way without getting frustrated with others (or myself) for their lack of reciprocation?
I've been trying to figure out.
I may or may not be a little slow.
Help me out.

xo.

1 comment:

  1. To be honest, I don't know. I have the same "problem". I guess it's just a matter of finding balance, and perhaps it takes turning whole heartedly to the Savior to find it. If he's first in your life--if that relationship is the most importan, no matter what--then you can be assured that your #1 friend will never let you down. I'm trying to figure out how to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!