Sierra's View: Singing in General Conference!

BlogHer Header

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Singing in General Conference!


Last Saturday, April 4, my choir (LDC and 200 other auditioned members)
sang in the 180th ANNUAL GENERAL CONFERENCE for the
Words cannot explain how incredible this experience was!!
We sang in the Saturday Afternoon Session. Now, normally the Saturday Afternoon session is kinda lame (let's be honest, people), but this particular session of conference was absolutely incredible.
The feelings that were consumed when President Monson walked 10 feet from me was unfathomable. The spirit that was present in the conference center is unexplainable. And the emotions that almost sprang from my eyes while singing our songs is almost embarrassing...
We sang Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice, I Feel My Savior's Love, and Nearer my God to Thee.
One of the coolest moments of the afternoon was while singing Nearer, there was a part that went "So by my woes to thee.." where the choir gets exponentially louder. Right at that moment, every single member of the seventy and the twelve all turned around. It was amazing to know that we were singing and bringing the spirit to the prophet and the WORLD.
I have never had the opportunity to attend conference, so this was my very first time. How cool is that?!

I don't mean to be all sappy, but I don't think there has been another experience spiritually that has topped this in my life. All the sacrifice of time for practices and hard work were so worth it. Being a part of LDC and this particular general conference choir has changed my life.
And although I am a little bitter that they only showed the soprano section like twice, I have learned to accept the fact that I got to be seen just for a moment :)

I LOVE General Conference. No. Really. LOVE. In almost a dorky way. And I'm so grateful for this incredible opportunity.

What really had a huge emotional impact on me was knowing that my Brother, Landon (and all my other missionaries) were watching me from out in the mission field. That he, being miles and miles away, was able to see me on TV singing for the prophet. This exciting moment almost brought tears to my eyes instantly. I knew he was listening and watching. I knew he was proud of me. And I knew, at that moment and forever, that the church is what brought that special experience. The church IS true!! And I hope he got almost emotional as I did. Knowing him, I'm sure he did :)



You can't see me in these pictures, but you get the point. I'm in the top left in green. Second to last row. You know...the one who looks like she's in pain. It's not pain people, IT'S PASSION!
One negative of being of semi-tall: don't get shown on international television very much! Haha
(See Dad, the one time you wished I was shorter....)


These videos aren't mine, I'm just tagged in them so I've included a link on Facebook to listen and/or watch.
Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice (You can see me right in the beginning). Click HERE
Nearer My God to Thee (right at the end). Click THIS.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!