Sierra's View: We can CARE!!

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

We can CARE!!


I have so many incredibly fond memories of living and teaching in Kenya. My eyes were opened to so many unfathomable experiences and I wouldn't change those times in my life for anything. While there, I learned so many important aspects regarding education. Throughout the world there are students who are looking for support in their education. CARE tells about their story and a way to help those students throughout the world.

 I am excited to share with you the campaign CARE. CARE is a global humanitarian organization that fights poverty by empowering girls and women. I have noticed how imperative an education is with all students. Can I ask you to visit their site above and see the amazing program that they have? 

As a sixth grade teacher, I have noticed the positive impact that the girls in my classroom have. Because of privacy issues, I didn't want to post photos of my students, but I wanted to compare some of my students' responses to these questions to the girls in this fabulous campaign. 






























A girl from the CARE program that really stuck out to me is Moni. Moni (11), a fourth grader has excelled in school for the last few years. Moni usually wakes up each morning at 6 a.m. before going to Maktab, a religious school where she learns Arabic. Afterward, Moni helps her mother with the household chores. Around 11 a.m., she leaves for another school where she plays with her classmates for half an hour just before starting class. “I like my school because my teachers like me, take care of me and always inspire me to study,” she says.

1. Why do you like school? 


 Student in my class: " I like school because Mrs. Charlesworth makes school fun. She is funny and has fun assignments." (Are you kidding?! So sweet!). 

2. What are you going to do to be successful in school? 


Student in my class: "To be successful this year, I need to make sure to listen in class and do my homework." 


3. What is the biggest challenge in your education? 



 Student in my class: "Getting homework done." 

4. How does education inspire you? 
Student in my class: "Education inspires me to get a good job later in life. " 


Click here to support my program with  CARE!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!