Sierra's View: In Which Nature Heals // Utah Hiking

BlogHer Header

Saturday, May 21, 2016

In Which Nature Heals // Utah Hiking

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CentrumFunFlavors #CollectiveBias




I reposted this post on my social media accounts the other day. I mentioned in my comments on this post about how May can be a difficult time for those who struggle with mental illness. I'm not entirely sure if it's because it's a change of season, there happens to be lots of rain and clouds in this month (seriously! It keeps raining here!) or if it's the fact that it is usually a very busy month with lots of stress with end of the year activities, etc. 

For me, it is imperative that I work out during this time of year. May is very stressful month in the life of a teacher. With end of the year testing, crazy behaviors of students, and end of the year activities, it is a time of constant go-go-go! As many of you know, I have been working out like crazy. I am trying everything in my power to staying healthy by going to the gym, lifting weights and doing cardio. My favorite thing to do for lower impact cardio is to go for hikes. 

Living in Utah means that I can drive up to the mountains in ten minutes and enjoy a beautiful hike with #saylorthepup and friends and family. I have read numerous studies about the positive impacts of hiking. For me, I try everything I can to have a relaxing time on the weekend. Like they say, there is no tired like end-of-year teacher tired (except maybe mom tired ha!).  Some people may not think of hiking as "relaxing", but I assure you, there is something about nature that heals your body physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. Some of the most profound experiences that I have ever had have been while hiking and being out in nature. I have also noticed a huge impact on my attitude when I take care of myself. These include taking my vitamins (Raspberry Vitamints are the best!) and other supplements. 

My favorite thing to do to help "unwind" on the weekend is to grab my hiking backpack with all of the essentials and head up into the mountains. Here is a tutorial of what to put in your hiking backpack: 



Cool Mint Vitamints 
Tiger's Milk Protein Bars (Or any other protein bars!) 
Water! Lots and lots of water! 
Sunglasses
Sunscreen 


1. Grab your water!!! (I am recently obsessed with SmartWater. It is a little bit of a problem.) 


 2. Next, add your Raspberry Vitamints! (These are seriously so good and I have noticed a difference for how I feel!). 


3. Combine them! 


4. Grab your tiger's milk protein bars (or other protein bars) and put them in your backpack. 


5. Add your sunglasses, sunscreen, and jacket. Boom! You have your hiking pack! 



 You can find these Centrum Vitamints near the pharmacy section in your local Walmart. 

Here is what I have noticed about nature. It's healing powers are truly incredible. 

-The beauty of the hikes. Right now, everything is so green and luscious (because of all that rain!). The mountains are full of rivers and trees. Simply just being in the mountains with fresh air makes a significant difference. 
-The exercise! Walking and moving and going up hills makes that sweat feel just a little bit better, ya know? 
-Hiking helps with anxiety, depression and other mental illnesses. It helps clear the mind. 
-Hiking in nature has been proven to positively affect high blood pressure, muscle strength, sleep quality, weight, and cholesterol. 


Continuing the Utah Hiking series...I have posted this hike before, but this is Horsetail Falls. 















And, as always, it allows for a healthier lifestyle. You can enjoy staying healthy with simple solutions like Centrum Gummies and Vitamints. 

*These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!