Sierra's View: Christmas 2012 with the Fam.

BlogHer Header

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012 with the Fam.

"It's a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you."
For me, being home in Oregon with all of my family is wonderful.
For about a week.
Haha.
I have loved coming home to Oregon and being with some of my nieces and nephews and it's been a wonderful escape from reality.
I have really needed the sleep. Ha.
 But its funny, because I am ready to head back to Utah.
My life is there. My home is there.
I love coming home and seeing people that I love.
But I have developed a life elsewhere.
Does that make sense?
I won't go into a long, emotional post. So that's all I'll say for now.

Christmas was wonderful with the family.
I am so happy that my sister, Bri, had decided to spend Christmas at my parents otherwise Christmas morning would have been very boring. Ha. There is something so magical and wonderful about seeing a child's excitement on Christmas morning.
I loved watching my 7 year old nephew, Palmer, be more excited about receiving an Oregon hat and Diary of a Wimpy Kid book more than anything else.
I loved seeing 5 year old Portia's face when she received a signed Justin Bieber poster.
Teya, my 2 1/2 year old niece just liked ripping the paper more than the actual gift.
Kids just bring so much excitement and pure joy to the season and I needed that reminder.
I have learned that I need to be around kids.
Which would, probably, explain why I decided to be around 4th graders all day as my career.
I think I subconsciously knew that I needed the reminder of pure happiness that emanates from children because often times I forget that. 
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Break. 

Me with all of my nieces and nephews (minus Dane! And Holland, of course.)
Watching Holland's video. 
Making cookies with Nona. 
My beautiful niece, Portia. 
Beating up Papa. 
Workout Session with Uncle Landon. 

The girls in their Sunday Christmas dresses. 



Love all of the Christmas Decorations in my home.
Now I need to make New Years Resolutions.
Yikes. 
xoxo. 

3 comments:

  1. going home for the holidays is the best! and getting to see cute kids smiling faces...even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, whenever I'm feeling down I go visit some kid cousins and it instantly makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had some small humans to share Christmas with this year :( Your family is adorable and be safe traveling back to Utah, there have been some nasty storms!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!