Sierra's View: Wow.

BlogHer Header

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wow.

Holy goodness!
Life has been crazy lately. I am sorry that I have been MIA!
I am, however,  so grateful for all the opportunities that have been given me in spite of the constant chaos.


I GOT AN INTERNSHIP.
I am going to be a teacher at Spring Lake Elementary School in Payson (Nebo School District) Fall 2012. A teacher! WHAT. When did all of this happen? When did I grow up?
If any of you are confused, here's how it works: In the Elementary Education program you have to participate in student teaching. If I were to do that, I would finish my last semester this upcoming fall and then student teach next January. But this internship gives you the opportunity to have your own classroom with a mentor (intern coach) to guide you along for the entire school year. I get paid half salary and am an actual teacher.
Before the interview on Friday, I looked at myself in the mirror and said:"If you don't get this, it's okay. It is not the end of the world." I was questioning whether I really wanted to do it--if this was the right thing for me right now.
But, apparently, this is what I am supposed to be doing right now.
I am so excited, thrilled, grateful, scared and a teeny bit stressed over this opportunity. A lot has been going on internally and am just praying that I can make it through full time school this summer and then a full year of teaching. The next year and a half is going to be a crazy ride!


I have lost 7.5 lbs on Weight Watchers! This may not seem like a lot, but is a little feat that boosts my confidence a little bit. I feel healthier and my eating habits have been completely altered; that's what is important...not necessarily the weight. I can't physically tell, but my body just feels better.
(But, oh my, it is hard! Haha. I am used to eating way more!)

I spent this entire week doing school work and participating in a talent show. LDC had a joke number in it. It was actually extremely stressful, but the actual performance was so fun. 
Note: This was a joke. And the sound doesn't record very well on this particular video. Just go with it. Remember, this was a JOKE. Ha. Why are my friends and I so cool?
Your life will change at the Spice Girls number at 1:08. Can you guess which one I am?



Life includes: Tea parties in Salt Lake, long, hilarious talks with my girls, a date, more school work, tutoring, therapy, teaching gospel doctrine, learning how to play racquetball, intramural basketball games and not a break.
This upcoming week?  More school work. Aren't you jealous?
Maybe I should actually start writing the script for my upcoming LDC show?... (which you all will be coming to, by the way.) ...nah....

I feel like I have so much to say regarding the internal battle that is flowing throughout my body. One moment I have an excess amount of energy, the next I cannot seem to get out of bed. I won't go into detail, but my emotions and issues seem to be weighing me down to some degree. Stress is obviously apparent in my life, but dealing with medication, sleep, eating right, exercising, and all the basic necessities to stabilize my body only includes more effort and stress. I am trying though. And soon (hopefully) this internal roller coaster will be more balanced.
I am grateful for answered prayers. Not in the way that I necessarily want them to, but that they are answered. When life gets a little lonely, a little desperate, the Lord reminds me that He is aware of me and my struggles. As my dad wrote me the other day, "Sometimes the good guys DO get the opportunities. It won't be the last joy or the last sorrow." It's answers like these that give me a little string of rope (hope) to hold onto temporarily until I can help lengthen the rope itself.

Let's just say I cannot wait for spring break. My friends and I are planning on going to Portland--I can't wait to show them my hometown! A break is exactly what I am needing. Two weeks. Think I can make it?

Now, to the Oscars.

5 comments:

  1. Wow - lots of good things! Congrats on the internship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the internship! That is so amazing! I'll be applying soon for an internship for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is so cute! tea parties in SLC are my favorite. have you tried boba? Its a japanese tea. not a british tea, but still really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so cute.

    my friend just got a teaching internship at brockbank elementary.

    so excited for both of you!!!

    P.S. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!
    and you are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck yeah! I'm so excited for you Girl! Let me come visit your classroom haha! But is it safe to say I'm going to miss you next year:(

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!