Sierra's View: I want to talk about the Oscars.

BlogHer Header

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I want to talk about the Oscars.

Yep, I do.
Yea,Yea, Yea.
You're all rolling your eyes, I know.
"So trendy, right?"
But it's whatevs.
There is something so romantic and perfect about the Academy Awards.
 The regal manner, the beautiful dresses, and the elegance of it all. I remember watching it every year growing up and being in constant awe. Maybe its my brain type or whatever (Allie), but I dreamed of actually being there. Yes, as a ten year old.
I have been a slacker and I have only seen one of the nominees for best motion picture. (Hey, I'm a poor college student). Don't you fret though, I will be seeing them all asap. Even The Artist. Because it's trendy. And I'm a follower.
Besides the obsession with movies and music and acting and everything that entails the Oscars, it's the red carpet that makes me feel like a five year old watching princesses.
So without further ado, I present my favorite dresses:

Maybe it's just because I love Tina Fey. But I love when a funny woman looks beautiful. It's like a double whammy. Love the black and the skirt along with it. 

Only Gwyneth can pull this off. But I love the white and simplicity of it. 

To be honest, I'm still on the fence on this one.  But, she's beautiful. So that's fun. And she came with George Clooney. So she automatically wins. 

Color color color. 

Natalie Portman and polka dots? Okay, yes. Don't know how I feel about the necklace with that particular dress, though. I feel like pearls would have been better? 

I just like this. I don't know why. 

Just, yes. 

Besides the fact that she is my age and looks 12, I like the dress. Especially, the color. 

All of this. Even the bow. (Subtracting the fact that she kind of looks like a present). 

Perfect for her shape. Classy, elegant, and modest. 

I just like this because I could never pull it off, but I wish I could.  

P.S. Every time I saw Brad Pitt I peed a little bit. I don't care if he has long, greasy hair and is 45 (?) years old, he is still a beautiful human being. It's the smirk he does when he's focused. Oh, and even though I hated J.Lo's dress, I have come to the conclusion that she is, in fact, on my top ten list too. Just FYI. She's gorgeous.

I can't even talk about Meryl Streep and Octavia Spencer. Their acceptance speeches made me cry. I feel like they were both very deserving of their awards.
I'm such a dork, I know. So emotional blah blah blah.
Whatever. One day I'll be at the Academy Awards.
And then you can all judge me on my dress. And I won't care.

Oh, and did anyone else think that so many of the one liners were hilarious?
"This better not go too late. I have 6 parent teacher conferences in the morning." Billy Crystal to Brad Pitt.
Or how about when the Dictator threw his "ashes" on Ryan Seacrest and Ryan was p-issed. SO GREAT.
Or am I the only one with a good sense of humor? JW. (just wondering-- for all you people who did have AOL instant messenger as a child cough mom cough).

'Til next year.
xoxo. 

10 comments:

  1. love the oscars.
    love emma stone.
    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the oscars so THANK YOU for the update! Also...email me about the header! I'd seriously love to design one! amandawalker90@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Tina Fey! Loved her dress and always love her! It's so cute that she's a funny girl but really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina Fey is overlooked too often in the beauty department, definitely! I also loved Emma Stone's dress.

    (PS i just found your blog, and love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gosh, tina fey and emma stone. i just loved their dresses because i love them.
    and meryl streep. just ADORE her! and her speech had me tearing up!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about pearls instead of her choice of necklace. But hey, I'm one of those girls who is obcessed with her pair of pearls, so ya know :)

    I'm honored you decided to follow my blog. And of course I'm following back!

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE all the dress, especially Octavia Spencer. lovelovelove

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's our superbowl!! i loveeeee oscar fashions and the red carpet drama. love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In all honesty... the Oscars were rather "blah" this year. They are always a little bit too "silly" to begin with but this year I really thought they were... boring. Didn't like Billy Crystal as the host and I wasn't rooting for most of the winners (why didn't The Help win more!?). Still... I was really glad for Meryl and Octavia - so deserving in the latter's performance and I've no doubt Meryl was wonderful in The Iron Lady. Oh! I did love Colin's shout-out to Meryl in his speech (how cute was that!?).

    Anyway... at least we got to see some pretty fashion. =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think it's fun to check out what people wear at the oscars and other such events, but usually i just see the roundups on blogs haha! thanks for the recap! xoxo www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!