Sierra's View

BlogHer Header

Monday, March 21, 2011

I recently have decided to let a friend out of my life.
This friend will always have a special place in my heart, but a VERY huge incident produced some very negative behaviors.
And I had the realization that I don't need anymore unhealthy people in my life.
It's a sad experience to realize that people who you thought you knew do such sad things.

I was getting frustrated with myself for feeling things so deeply, for caring so much. But like Ingrid Michaelson says:
"Happy is the heart that still feels pain."
It is a blessing that I still feel things. And it is a blessing that I went through this experience to learn what I do and don't need in my life.

It is not fun shutting the door on someone.
But that's life.
You cry. Stand back up. And move on.
I'm at that point of my life when I am tired of chasing everyone and trying to fix everything. But it's not giving up. I am not giving up. I'm walking away. I realize that I don't need certain people and their issues.

Saying goodbye and allowing yourself to walk away does not mean that you are weak; it just means that you are strong enough to let go.

On another non-emo note, San Francisco was beautiful, despite the constant rain. SO many memories were made. Pictures coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes people are like that favorite pair of shoes you had as a kid...you outgrow them...

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!