Sierra's View: A Letter.

BlogHer Header

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Letter.

A letter I need to write. For who? Not sure.

I needed to write it for someone though.

Dear you,

I just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know how happy and grateful I am to have you in my life. I think you’re incredible. I know you’re struggling right now and I feel as though it is my duty, I daresay, privilege, to explain to you all of my understanding for all of your pain that you may be feeling right now and give you some advice.

Life was never intended to be easy. Rather, it is a period of proving and growth. It is interwoven with difficulties, challenges and burdens. Yet these very forces, if squarely faced, provide opportunity for tremendous personal growth and development. Elder Bednar once said something along these lines: "The conquering of adversity produces strength of character, forges self confidence, engenders self respect, and assures success in righteous endeavor."

You and I both have not been handed easy lives. But who has? I was born with a strong, feisty spirit and I feel as though there is no coincidence for that. So have you. In the midst of these burdens the best thing to do is to hang on, even when you feel like you’re falling apart inside. Sometimes we have to do a good job at sticking it out otherwise we will collapse altogether. Be introspective throughout these trials. Be reflective and be mature. You must remember to do your best and the Lord will fill in those gaps that you feel are missing.

Ezra Taft Benson once said, “Some of the greatest trials you will face will be fought in the silent chambers of your own soul.” Others may not know what is going inside of you, but the Lord does. He knows every ache in the heart and wants to ease that burden. President Monson also says, “The Lord will bend the back to bear the burden placed upon it. (or something like that J). We are able to get through these trials. You may constantly ask HOW?! And this is how: Through your faith in the Lord, and your attitude.

Growing up, they used to call me Sassy Pants. Mostly because I never took crap from anyone. And you shouldn't either. Let everyone around you know that. Use that "diva" attitude now through your trials. Ask yourself if you are having the right outlook for this trial. Are you being humble? Are you realizing that trials happen to everyone? Are you blaming others or yourself or are you realizing that blaming processes no growth? Are you smiling in the midst of it? Remember the positive aspects of your life. You have been given so much, despite what you may be feeling now.

You are beautiful. Keep fighting. Rely on the Lord and have a positive attitude. The Lord will get you through this burden if you allow him to.

I love you.

2 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring. All of your posts are. I feel like crying, laughing, and just at peace when I read your blog. So great!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!