Sierra's View: Thanksgiving Story Time.

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Story Time.

[Sparknotes version]
So.
This one time, Landon and I attempted to drive home to Oregon.
We drove about three hours and got caught in the
BIGGEST BLIZZARD KNOWN TO MAN.
I seriously thought we were going to die.
Ronda the Honda was not cuttin it either. The blizzard was out of control.
We were at a loss.
I was REALLY looking forward to going home for Thanksgiving, but there was no way we could make it through the storm alive.
So we turned around.
I cried. Then cried some more.
My parents were so great and attempted to buy us a plane ticket but all flights out of Salt Lake were canceled because that storm in Idaho was supposed to come south and hit Utah.
...Yea....Utah didn't even get the storm. It snowed. Kind of. Thats it. I was pissed.
My father, being the incredible man that he is, got us a plane ticket the next day.
We arrive at the airport.
We waited there for FIVE HOURS because our flight was delayed three times.
We finally made it to Oregon.

Best three days of my life. Seriously. I have never had such an enjoyable time eating, doing nothing, and spending time with my family.

I had the privilege of seeing this girl:


And this one!
Anywho.
My parents wanted to save money (obviously) so we decided to take Veronica,the red, hot volvo back to Utah. My parents are coming out in less than two weeks, so they said they could make do with just one car.
Aren't my parents so wonderful?
The roads were okay! There were a few rough spots, but we were chuggin' along!
Until we got to southern Idaho/Northern Utah.
I-84 that turns into I-15 was CLOSED. Yes, closed.
Therefore, we had to drive all the way around to Pocatello--two hours out of the way.
We got to Ogden and the roads were the worse I have ever seen.
It took us three hours to get to Provo from Ogden (that usually takes an hour and 15 minutes).
16.5 hour road trip that normally takes 12.
Lovely.

Well. I guess I am grateful to be alive.
The Lord was trying to give me an obvious message to be thankful for my life.
And I am. Completely.
I always have had to learn the hard way. Why did I think Thanksgiving 2010 would be any exception?

Hope your Thanksgiving was as adventurous, scary, and stressful as mine!
Man, we're lucky to be alive!
'Tis the season to be jolly?

1 comment:

  1. Mac and I did that one year and wrecked the green honda. 18 hours later we got back to Provo. I didn't sleep well for three days because I kept thinking I was falling asleep at the wheel. So not worth turkey. But glad you got to see Briz.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!