Sierra's View: Hiking Series // Donut Falls

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Hiking Series // Donut Falls



I had to zoom in hard core on this picture, so it's a little grainy. I was too scared to get this close because I am not a daredevil. Ha. 

I am not lying to you guys when I say I am on a hiking frenzy. I went on five hikes last week. I just want to do my cardio outside! Sometimes the gym is too stuffy and hot and gross, ya know? This time, we took all of the kiddos (my nieces and nephews) and did this fun, easy hike! It was packed, unfortunately, but it was still good to get the kids out and hiking! The water was freezing. So much so that I made my niece cry because I forced her to walk through the water. I'm such a mean aunt. Any who, it was a beautiful day-- not too hot-- and it was so green and gorgeous. There is something so therapeutic about being up in the Utah mountains, friends. If you saw my caption above (and look at the picture below), you see you have to climb all the way up to the top of the rocks to get the donut hole view. I went up the left side and zoomed in. But you could still see the cool little waterfall going through from where I was standing. 





"Guys. Come on." 

The gang. 




The chipmunks and squirrels were NOT scared of people. And they were so fat. Ha. 





Teya found lots of friends. At every single ground squirrel, squirrel, and chipmunk she would stop and get so excited. (Yes, every single time too...) 

I LOVE all of the wildflowers. 



Afterwards, we swam for a little bit (to get more energy out! Ha). These are 6 of my 13 nieces and nephews. It's fun to have so many of them so close to me now! This is a really good picture of them all, too ;)  


Other Hikes in Hiking Series:  Dog Lake// Summit Trailhead AF Canyon Hike //  Bells Canyon // Horsetail Falls // Battle Creek Falls // Y Hike // Stewart Falls // Bryce Canyon // Lame Horse/Salamander Flats Trail // Silver Lake (AF Canyon) // Capitol Reef National Park // Grotto Falls & Mt. Nebo Trail (Payson Canyon) // Cecret Lake // Lake Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!