Sierra's View: Easy Meals for an Entertaining Holiday Party!

BlogHer Header

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Easy Meals for an Entertaining Holiday Party!



 This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayMadeSimple #CollectiveBias

We all know that Christmas time is simply wonderful. 
With that being said, we all know that it is also incredibly busy with christmas shopping, activities, presents, and parties. It is a time of joy--and stress! Haha. 

As I have stated before and many of you know, I am in "A Christmas Carol" so my time is limited to cook during this season. I am incredibly busy, but I wanted to spend some time with my favorite people. It was also important to me to make sure that my time was spent with my husband and my friends and not stressing over what to make for this party.  So, I decided to put together some easy meals and throw a fun, entertaining party with these simple, yummy foods! 

Overall, the party was a huge hit. I love spending time with those I love during this time of year. 

These are the ingredients I used: 

  • STOUFFER'S® Party Size Entrées, 57-96 oz. (Lasagna with Meat & Sauce)
  • NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Peppermint Refrigerated Cookie Dough
  • NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, 12 oz.
  • NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Rolled & Ready Sugar Cookie Dough Sheets

To prepare for this party, I (with the help of others) gathered these ingredients and cooked them before people arrived. 
My mother and friend helping me make the cookies before the party!


First, I gathered all of the ingredients we were going to use and put them on our table with cute decor. 




Second, we (Tanner, Bri and I) took the Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Dough and put it in the oven, because, well, I don't know about the rest of you, but we are "eat dessert first" kind of people and this goes for preparing the food as well. :) 





  
We added EVEN MORE chocolate to those cookies (because, well, who doesn't love more chocolate?) with our Nestle TollHouse Semi Sweet Morsel Chocolate Chips before we stuck them in the oven. 


Next, I grabbed my "Roll and Ready Sugar Cookie Dough Sheets" and make cute little stars and gingerbread men with them. These are so awesome--you simply slide the cookie dough out and use your cookie cutters to make a quick and easy cookie process (you all know that I am about that!) 




Finally, Tanner wanted some "actual" food so we took our party size lasagna and stuck it in the oven. 



 Wah la--its done. And delicious! That simple! 
We, then, decorated the house with cute Christmas Decor. Our little table was decorated with flowers and a Christmas tablecloth. (Yes, I am aware it's the middle of December…I still love flowers). This is one of my favorite Santa's as well.And those stockings?! Oh, my heart. So beautiful. My dear mother made them for us. 
 




After we decorated, I finally got T Money to step away from socializing and eat the food. He loved it. 



Tanner enjoying the cookies and lasagna at the party. (Doesn't he look so excited to have his picture taken while eating?!) 





We put the lasagna into little bowls so the kids could eat them too. It was a huge hit!!!



After we ate and enjoyed the delicious food, we gathered together for a group photo--and to finally watch a Christmas movie together. Our bellies were full and we were happy! 




The kids also had a tackling contest :) 


The cookies and lasagna were a huge hit... and I got to spend time with those friends and family whom I loved, which is the most important part, right? :) Nothing better than holiday Christmas parties, am I right? Does this make you want to throw a party? You may steal any of these ideas if you would like to use these for your own Nestle party!

I found these ingredients in the dairy, baking, and refrigerated sections at my local Walmart. 


Also, Nestle is giving away $1,600 in Nestle Gift Baskets. 8 winners will receive a $100 Nestle gift basket and 2 winners will receive a $400 grand prize Nestle gift basket. 



Do you like to throw parties during the Christmas season? Do you like attending them? 
I need help with themes for my parties this season. What do you suggest? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!