Sierra's View: 2013: A Year in Review

BlogHer Header

Monday, December 30, 2013

2013: A Year in Review

See Best Moments of 2013 Instagram Style Video here.



It's been a whirlwind of a year. Wow. I have been through an innumerable amount of changes this year--all good things, but still changes nonetheless. Which, for a person like me, is difficult. I have been  trying hard to make new years resolutions that actually mean something for the upcoming 2014 year which correlates with this adapting to change (post coming soon!) yet, like usual, I want them to be perfect...so I'm still adjusting and rewriting them. Let's get this show on the road, shall we? If you have any link ups on this, give me a holler!
(note: small grainy photos are from my instagram! Come follow!) 

THE THEME FOR 2013 WAS: CELEBRATION! 

JANUARY. 


Celebrated being officially done with college.
Enjoyed second half of the year of teaching 4th grade.  
Celebrated, well, pretty much anything we could. 
Ah, the single life. Was that seriously earlier this year? 

FEBRUARY.

Celebrating meeting the BOSTON CELTICS.
 Besides that, well, Guess what? February was exactly like January.
I fought through those coooold Utah winter days. 
But I celebrated many more friends' birthdays, mission farewells, dessert parties, etc. 


MARCH.

Made a video of tanner's mission/homecoming.


APRIL. 



Celebrated GETTING ENGAGED.
Went on Spring Break to San Diego with Tanner. 



MAY.



Celebrated finishing my first year as a teacher. 
Celebrated getting a job as a 6th grade teacher! 
Took my Engagement photos

JUNE. 



Celebrated going through the temple for my very first time. 
Went to Oregon to plan my wedding. 
(not celebrating the stress of planning a wedding. Ugh, I hated it haha!) 
Took our bridal photos.
Started my obsession with bikram yoga to deal with the wedding stress (and weight!) 


JULY.

(started an entire wedding series! lots of posts!)


AUGUST. 

Went on our honeymoon.
Moved into our new apartment.
Had our Utah Reception
Started my second year teaching. 


SEPTEMBER.


Tanner wrote me the sweetest birthday letter on my blog. 

OCTOBER.
classroom door
Celebrated the struggles of being a teacher? Haha. 
Celebrated Halloween and the craziness in the classroom. Of course. 
(honestly, just tried to survive the month!) 



NOVEMBER. 



Celebrated Thanksgiving with my in laws (and our kitten, Boo, of course)
Talked about the hardships of being a newlywed. 
  
DECEMBER. 

Celebrated the Christmas Season with lots of Christmas festivities and thoughts. 
Came home to Oregon to celebrate my first married Christmas with the whole family. (pictures to come!) 


Obviously this is just a simply overview of my year. 
I am ready to start new and accomplish many new and different things.
Here's to 2013. A crazy, fun, exciting, eventful, challenging, wonderful year! 





5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good year, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy crazy year for you! So many exciting changes. Here's to an equally great, but more calm, 2014!

    And PS thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful year! Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, I've never seen that picture of Tanner proposing on the beach. But HOW PERFECT! I love it! You guys are the cutest couple in da world. What a year you have had!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, what a great year you had! I got married this year too. It made for a whirlwind year for sure! I'm excited to start following you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!