Sierra's View: Things I have Realized/Learned From Being in College...

BlogHer Header

Friday, July 22, 2011

Things I have Realized/Learned From Being in College...

Nothing sucks more than that moment when you are in an argument and you realize that you have officially lost.

I totally take back all of those times when I didn’t want to take a nap when I was younger.

There is a great need for sarcasm font.

Was learning cursive really necessary?

I will do almost anything for free food.

I don't care how hot you are. If you are a guy, and you continue to act like you are God's gift to earth--I will continue to ignore you. On the other hand, if you are a gentleman...I don't care how different we are. I will go out with you.

Map Quest really needs to learn how to start their directions on #5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

I don't care if you don't even know each other, have a fling, are dating, engaged, or married...DO NOT make out in front of me while I'm sitting in Cafe Rio trying to eat a delicious pork burrito.

I can’t remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

It actually is really not that difficult to lift your hand slightly to put your turn signal on.

Looking cute does not help you pass your classes. Pretty sure I only get ready half the time, and I'm doing just fine in school, thank you. And no, that guy still has not asked for your number because you got up at 5 am to curl your hair. (However, I do fully understand that its nice to get ready. Do not get me wrong. But EVERY SINGLE DAY? really?)

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work or school when
you realize you are not going to do anything productive today. And that’s okay. Stay strong.

Sometimes you can BS your way through a class. Hakuna Mutata.

Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes next after Blu Ray? I really don’t want to restart my movie collection…again…

I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my 10 page essay that I swear I did not make any changes to…

I hate it when I miss a phone call by the last ring, but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and then goes straight to voicemail. What did you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run into the bushes?

I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance on that day. Waste of my time to get ready and actually put make up on.

Sometimes I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was a little kid and suddenly realize that I had no idea what was going on back then. And then I wonder why my parents allowed me to watch it in the first place…

I would rather try to carry 10 over loaded plastic bags in each hand than to take two trips to bring the groceries in. Walking up the stairs TWICE? No thank you.

How many times is it appropiate to say “what?” in a conversation before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t understand what that person said…?

I love the sense of teamwork when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk who is tailing you to cut in front. Stay strong, my fellow Utah drivers!

Is it just me or do high school students get more dumb and more skanky each year?

It doesn't matter how exhausted you are, it is nearly impossible to fall asleep before midnight.

It sucks watching everybody around you getting married. It sucks. I don't care who argues that.

Dressing up never gets old:
(Exhibit A. At Harry Potter premiere)

Life is AWESOME.

What have you learned from college?

2 comments:

  1. Power naps in the UVU library are just as effective as at home. I am not the only one that does it.

    Facebooking during class makes any boring lecture endurable.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!