Sierra's View: arry potta

BlogHer Header

Monday, July 18, 2011

arry potta



(That was my attempt of writing "Harry Potter" in a British accent if you didn't catch the title)
Okay, so...I am not a Harry Potter freak like some people (excuse me, "Expert", is more of a politically correct term, right? I don't want to offend anyone. Because you know, I'm a nice person). I have gone to some midnight showings, I have read the books, and I envy those Hogwarts kids. BUT. This last movie has, quite literally, changed my life.
I'm not sure if it was just due to exhaustion from the midnight showing or the emotional state I was in (oh wait, isn't that always?) but I absolutely, positively, completely fell in love with the last movie.
I thought the quality of the movie was fantastic. The cinematography, the acting, the whole "film-ography" aspect of it was marvelous. It's too bad that all of the other movies weren't up to that caliber.
But what I thought was even more incredible was all of the connections to the gospel it possessed. I haven't read the book in a very long time, but my dear friend Allie said the book contained even more connections. (Guess that means it's time for me to re read all of them? Who's in for a book/movie marathon this summer? Guess it ALSO means I now need to buy all the books and movies.)

I think I cried three times through out the movie. And got chills probably 79 times.
Especially, and not only, during the parts where the gospel was so strongly yelling at all of us.
Parts that specifically stood out to me:
-When Voldemort had his huge group of followers and they were about to attack Hogwarts. I got chills because it made me think of the war in heaven. This moment when all of the characters stood together in pursuit to defend Voldemort was so powerful. They all worked together, they put all of their past behind them, and fought against evil. Just as we, today, have to fight against the powers of Satan. It's amazing how powerful a pure, honest, strong, group of righteous defenders can be. (Go Christians!)
-When Harry Potter sees his mother in the "Resurrection" part. Just as my church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, believes--that we will one day see the people we've lost in heaven. At one part Lily, Harry's mother, says to him: "We will always be with you." Despite the slight cheesiness of this part, I completely lost it. Because it is true. The people that have past on, are with us on a daily basis. They are giving us strength, teaching us things, and being our biggest cheerleader on the other side. And when Harry realizes that he has to die, he is okay. Just as we should be okay as well because families are forever and eternal life is forever.
- When Voldemort finally dissipates (awesome special effects at that part btw) and Harry Potter finally wins in the end. Motto: Good ALWAYS wins over evil. Always. The Lord always wins. There is something so triumphant and inspiring when the evil eventually loses. You want to stand up and cheer. Just like in life, when we do not allow Satan to take control, we feel empowered when he finally leaves us alone.
"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity." I just realized how huge this Harry Potter culture has been in my life. I read the first one in fourth grade. And this phenomenon is my era--it has continued on until two nights ago. It's okay, you can make fun of me. I still love it.
Oh, and J.K. Rowling will be getting baptized soon.
AND. The part where Hermione and Ron make out--so perfect. And still so weird to see. Nevertheless, the timing was startling and AWESOME. I'm all about kissing. (So weird to see them many years later too. Nice job on making all of the characters look old!)

On another note... Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) is all grown up and is hot. I already covered this, but I thought you should be reminded that he is still good looking from the last time that we saw him. I STILL call dibs too. See for yourself here.

P.S. Pictures from the midnight showing coming soon...if Meredith sends them to me...cough cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!