Sierra's View: If You're From Africa, Why Are You White?

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

If You're From Africa, Why Are You White?






I leave tomorrow for Taru, Kenya with Kenya Keys.
I will be living there for a month.
Hopefully.
Let's hope I don't die.

I cannot wait to teach the kids, sing with the villagers, live in the bush, and be changed forever.

I won't have my cell phone, but I would LOVE emails. (Not sure if I can use Facebook, but let's just do emails for now).
Text me if you want my email.

I feel excited, nervous, unprepared, etc. It's weird to feel all of these emotions at the same time. Going into the unknown, especially Africa, is going to be QUITE the experience.

I CAN'T WAIT.
xo.

(pictures from Rinda Hayes, leader of Kenya Keys. Amazing woman)
(Oh, and the Title is from the movie Mean Girls. Kills me.)

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! You're going to have a blast, girl!! Good luck!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing, have a great time :)

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!