Sierra's View: THAT girl.

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

THAT girl.

I'm sitting here on my couch in his sweatpants and sweatshirt. Wearing the watch he gave me and the necklace he hand made.
The tears have finally stopped.
After an hour.

I told myself that I would NEVER be the girl who sent a missionary off. I avoided dating pre missionaries for this exact reason.
But yes, now I am THAT GIRL. Awesome.
I said goodbye to Tanner tonight.
He is getting set apart to be a missionary at this exact moment.
He will be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for two years in Villahermosa, Mexico.

I didn't know it was going to be this hard.
I was warned; and I ignored them all.
I am a mess.
My hair is everywhere.
I will continue crying here pretty soon, I'm sure.

But I know that he will be an incredible missionary.
It's just hard to say goodbye.
For two years. Seems like such a long time.

It's okay, though. I got two years to conquer the world before he gets back.

I am so grateful for his hard work, his example, and his courage to go out on the mission field.
I'll see you in two years, Tan Man.

My super hot cowboy ;)

P.S. I hate bittersweet feelings like these.

2 comments:

  1. aww.. i almost felt like crying. i'm emotional today. haha
    so it's official, you're waiting for him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard, but oh so worth it. Seeing how much Ryan has grown and how much I have grown has really made all the difference.

    It doesn't get easier, like everyone says, but it does seem more and more worth it with every day that passes.

    You will be blessed. I know that for a fact.

    Good luck. I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!