Sierra's View: Good, Clean Olympics

BlogHer Header

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Good, Clean Olympics

Okay, so I'm obsessed with the Olympics. I'm all about U.S. pride. and watching these amazing athletes. (And of course, I can't help but think of Jerry Seinfeld while watching it).
But can we talk about three things for a sec.

1. Curling? Not a sport. Activity, yes. But it takes absolutely ZERO athletic ability to be involved in this. So they should probably stop playing it 5 days in a row. The excitement is killing me, after all.
2. So. When I was 15, I had a crush on this guy named Tommy Ford. We totally liked each other for three months. AND WE CUDDLED. No big deal. Needless to say, I'm sitting there watching the Giant Slalom Ski Race....and I see him. WHAT IN THE WORLD?! Yes, an Olympic athlete has once liked me. With pride all aside, it was really cool to see him. I felt special. I'm proud of his hardwork.
3. Ice Dancing.
......WHAT? Yikes.

Now I copy a post from one of my favorite sites:Go Fug Yourself. Sounds bad, I know. But it blogs about outfits of famous people. Please read. And please tell me you saw this.

96941539.jpg

Ice Dancing, naturally. These two are brother and sister. NEED I SAY MORE? I know Sinead and John Kerr's original dance routine was based on some weird concept of, like, tacky American truckers or something -- seriously, that's really what it was about, more or less -- but need they bring the creepy inbreeding stereotype that occasionally attaches itself to those of us of Southern heritage into it? WE'RE NOT ALL MARRYING OUR COUSINS. THAT WAS JUST AN EPISODE OF THE X-FILES. (This message brought to you by my relatives in the south.) And, yes, that IS a tramp stamp you're seeing. I admit, I don't know if it's real, or part of the costume, and nor do I know which would alarm me more.


Love the Olympics now?
GO AMERICA. Woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!