Sierra's View: There Ya Go Again, Idaho!

BlogHer Header

Sunday, October 18, 2009

There Ya Go Again, Idaho!

{This is me. Dead}


This past Wednesday I had a little Fall Break off of school. So I decided to head up on to BYU-Idaho and visit my old school and my best friends Maria and Alyssa.
It was a blast!! It was my first time being back in Idaho for a year and it was amazing to have all of these memories automatically fly back.

[Side note: It was funny to me because although I miss the memories...I had no desire to go back. I missed some of the most amazing friends I have made, but I realized it is not the place I am supposed to be. Made me realize that everything happens for a reason and that I am here in Provo for a reason.]

BUT...that's not the point of this story. This is the point:
It was all fun and games. Laughing, eating crap, going to haunted mills...all the fun college stuff.
Until Thursday Night. My stomach started hurting immensely. At first, I thought it was just because of all the junk food I was eating. Well, before I knew it...it was Friday morning and i threw up FIVE TIMES IN TWO HOURS. So Maria ran me to the doctor.

And here's my diagnosis:
I don't know if you remember, but I had swine flu two weeks ago. It was miserable. And the worst thing about this whole thing is that because I have swine flu...my immune system is dead. The doctor said the worst part about getting H1N1 is that your immune system is so down that you become extremely susceptible to other infections. So I now have bronchitis and the stomach flu. I have had a terrible cough the past two weeks, after getting swine flu, but I didn't think it was bronchitis because I felt fine.
So I was stuck up in Idaho, EXTREMELY sick. All i wanted to do was to go home to Oregon and have my mommy take care of me :(
Maria took care of me like none other. She fed me and I felt so bad because all of her roommates had to leave because they didn't want to get it!! I felt terrible. Amazing Maria, DROVE ME BACK TO PROVO. So I could at least be in the comfort of my own apartment. Seriously, she is the best friend ever. THANK YOU SO MUCH MARIA!!! I couldn't ask for a better best friend!
So I'm sitting here in my bedroom, barely able to type this because I still feel like crap. If you have swine flu, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. Because your immune system is down for like a month, so take it easy!!
Luckily, I have the best visiting teachers in the world who just brought over movies and soup and cookies! How sweet are they?!

I am so grateful for my visiting teachers and my best friends and my roommates for being so kind and taking care of me these past few weeks. I seriously am surrounded by such great people. Now I just need to heal.

And of course it happened in Rexburg.
Idaho hates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!