Sierra's View: Things That Make Me Happy.

BlogHer Header

Monday, November 7, 2016

Things That Make Me Happy.

via Instagram 
I absolutely love the quote that is posted above. I feel like it encompasses my view on life perfectly. More comfort does not bring more happiness. I have come to find that to be incredibly true. Right now, in my life, I feel like I am at a little bit of a crossroads. I am trying to figure out what the next step is going to be. A family, changing jobs, etc. I sort of, in a way, feel stuck. I don't want to go into too much detail because I'm still trying to figure out why I feel this way, this "stuck" feeling, but I think it's time for me to do a little soul searching to find out what needs to happen. 

With that being said, there are so many things in life my that make me happy right now. Because it is the month of Thanksgiving, I wanted to talk about all of the little (and big!) things that make me happy (I really need the gratitude bug right about now! Ha). 

-T Money. He just got a new job and is working part time and going to school full time. I love watching him do things that he loves and learning to "find his thing." He wants to do well and I am grateful for that. 
-My job. I love teaching sixth graders. I love all of their personalities, funny things that they say, and their insights into things. They are smarter than what they give themselves credit for, sometimes. 
-My adorable house. I cannot believe the amount of leaves that are falling on our house!!! We have so many gorgeous trees which is amazing for privacy and beauty, but the leaves in the Fall are absolutely terrible. We will spend 3 hours cleaning them up and literally one week later, our entire backyard is filled with leaves again. I'm avoiding it until it gets cold and then I'll just clean them all up before it snows. Ha. Even though home ownership is a ton of work, I am so grateful for my little home and my backyard and that I have a space that is mine! 
-Saylor the pup, of course. She's the best doggy. Even if she does need a bath right now. 
-The crisp Fall air. Even though it's hot right now, I love the crisp Fall mornings, where it's not too cold to do anything, but it has that chill in the air. 
-Ice Cold Dr. Pepper. Duh. That's all I have to say about that. 
-Hikes.
-Photography and taking gorgeous photos of nature!!! 
-the gym (so I can get strong and skinny! haha). 
-My amazing bed. 
-When my student brings me cups of just plain pebbled ice because he knows I love it. 
-Laughing so hard playing cards with friends the other night that I *literally* almost peed my pants. 
-Sunday naps 
-New downloaded music. 
-Well written books. 
-Crunchy fall leaves. 

What are some of your favorite things? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!