Sierra's View: Dog Lake // Utah Hiking

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Dog Lake // Utah Hiking



Utah Hiking Series has returned for the summer. Yes, even though it is August 2nd, I know. In my defense, I have been hiking, I just spent a month hiking in Maui, so the "Utah Hiking Series" has been... a little absent, obviously. Ha. 

This hike was up Millcreek Canyon that leads to a lake called Dog Lake. I thought that this was going to be a little simple hike because it only said 1.8 miles. Uhhhh, I was wrong. It was HARD (and I'm really out of shape). That guy running up the trail obviously did not think it was that hard, but I hate him so never mind that. There are a few trails that lead up to Dog Lake, but the Millcreek Canyon, Little Water Trail. is one of the steeper ones (and I could take Saylor on this one). Side note: I hate that I can't take Saylor up Little or Big Cottonwood Canyon. Dang you, Utah! I decided to take the steeper route because well, apparently, I'm an idiot. But it was good for me!!!! You know it was a long, good day because Saylor fell asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car. Despite the challenge of this hike, it was absolutely gorgeous and one that I will be doing again. 

















Other Utah Hikes: Summit Trailhead AF Canyon Hike //  Bells Canyon // Horsetail Falls // Battle Creek Falls // Y Hike // Stewart Falls // Bryce Canyon // Lame Horse/Salamander Flats Trail // 

Have you been to Dog Lake?
What is your favorite hike up Millcreek Canyon? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!