Sierra's View: Am I The Only Woman On the Planet Who Hates to Cook?

BlogHer Header

Monday, February 15, 2016

Am I The Only Woman On the Planet Who Hates to Cook?

It's true. Sometimes I really feel like I am the only woman on the planet who hates it.
I hate to cook.
Hate it. (These religious, Mormon roots that I have are, obviously, not doing me any favors.)
I wish I could tell you WHY I hate to cook. I simply do not have a response, really.
Please, can someone validate me in this?!

Perhaps it's the fact that it takes more brain power to come up with a meal than I like to use at the end of the day: get the ingredients, cook it, and then clean up after....and all of that exhausts me just thinking abut it.  Literally the LAST thing that I want to do after a long day of work is have to think of and make dinner. It's not that I am completely incompetent. Really, I'm not. I, actually, would probably be pretty good at it if I tried, but I truly do not enjoy it. It is not a lack of ability (at least I don't think), but more of a lack of desire, if that makes sense.

Perhaps, also, it's the fact that I use my creativity in so many other places, that I don't want to use it in the kitchen. I am a very creative person. I think I could probably come up with some creative recipes. I could even use that cooking time as therapy (I know that lots of women find it therapeutic), but I just don't want to. I like to use my creativity in my classroom,  in acting and singing, in my writing and on this blog, in my home and my clothes, etc.

Or perhaps, it's because I'm a LITTLE bit of a feminist and I feel like the woman's spot is not only in the kitchen, but doing other things. I'm not a homemaker. My poor husband. (Hey, I love to clean and decorate my home. Plus I plan everything that happens. It's not like I do nothing, people!).

Or, maybe, it simply just comes down to the fact that I would rather do a lot of other things other than cooking. For example, reading. or writing. Hell, I would rather clean my house than cook. Hahaha.

And, of course, because of my hatred for cooking, I am not very good at it. So I get discouraged any time that I DO try to cook. It's a cycle, really.

With all of that being said, I love making pasta. I was gluten free for a few months to try to "re-start" my body. Let's just say that I am glad THAT is over. I love making delicious pastas with Bertolli Riserva Five Cheese Pasta Sauce. 

For this pasta sauce, make a delicious five cheese pasta (just add noodles and peas and extra cheese---BOOM. DONE.)

Please let me know your thoughts on easy, delicious, healthy, cheap recipes here--is there such a thing?!



Go grab your pasta sauce today and make your husband happy that you cooked a meal. Ha. Click HERE for a $1.50 coupon for Bertolli® pasta sauce and over 100 authentic Italian tips for cooking! I found this sauce at my local Wal-Mart.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!