Sierra's View: Helpful.

BlogHer Header

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Helpful.

There have been many things that have brought me peace this past month.
I thought I'd share with you some music, quotes, thoughts, and videos that have
brought a smile to my face. Things made me think and ponder. Things that have made me cry (in a good way) and things that have made me giggle.


Listen to this song while reading these lyrics. So perfect. 

Hilary Weeks: Beautiful Heartbreak.
I had it all mapped out in front of me, 
Knew just where I wanted to go; 
But life decided to change my plans, 
And I found a mountain in the middle of my road.

I knew there was no way over it, 
So I searched for a way around; 
Brokenhearted I started climbin', 
And at the top I found... 
Every fear, every doubt, 
All the pain I went through; 
Was the price that I paid to see this view; 
And now that I'm here I would never trade... 
The grace that I feel, 
And the faith that I find; 
Through the bitter-sweet tears, 
And the sleepless nights; 

I used to pray he'd take it all away, 
But instead it became a beautiful heartbreak.

I never dreamed my heart would make it, 
I thought about turning around; 

But heaven has shown me miracles, 
I never would have seen from the ground.
Now I take the rain with the sunshine, 
Cause there's one thing that I know; 
He picks up the pieces, 
Along each broken road.



My Niece, Brizzy, singing. 
I have officially named her "scapegoat" because I am just that for her: her scapegoat. 
But you know what? I still love her. (Briz, you're gonna read this in a few years and thank me). 
Note in the very beginning: "No sing to Sisi." Recognize this pattern. 
I do have to say...her pitch is not bad. Don't you agree?




I recently have been watching videos of the show X Factor since people keep telling me that I would love it. I like it. I don't love it. I do have a problem, however, with the audience's CONSTANT cheering. Somebody please shut them up. Anyway, I came across this particular one. I died. Chills. Absolutely chills. I have been so emotional recently that when I watched this video this afternoon, I got teary eyed. Yikes. I cannot believe she is 14. I like Drew. Do you like her? Or is it just me?



"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." -Elizabeth Ros
















I am grateful for Pinterest. Haha.
Yep, I said it.
Since this is the month of Thanksgiving, I have decided to try to see wonderful aspects that have enriched my life. I have so many things to be grateful for, in midst this exponentially difficult month.
I am grateful for YOU.
Thank you for being such an amazing support to me and my family during this hard time. I have not exactly been the most fun person to be around. Thank you for reaching out even in times when I don't reciprocate it. Thank you for loving me in spite of my emotional roller coaster. Thank you for cheering me up when I am down. Thank you for dealing with me despite my lack of filter. 
Strength is wonderful, huh? Let's thank the Big Guy Upstairs for that one.

1 comment:

  1. i love drew, too....and i love pinterest. i guess i love you, too. well, more than brizzy does anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!