Sierra's View: Update.

BlogHer Header

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Update.

Summer is over.
It is a rough feeling to say goodbye to it.
This summer, in particular, has been one for the books.
I had experiences that are difficult to put into words.
Kenya.
Oregon.
And most recently, I had the incredible opportunity to be in the delivery room of my newest niece, Holland Kay.
"
I will spare you all the gross details, but it was one of those "life altering occasions." I found myself pushing alongside my sister! The nurse was laughing at me because I was getting so into it. I wasn't much help, to be honest. But it was still neat. I found it interesting that I could almost feel her pain throughout the delivery. I cried the instant she was born. Maybe she'll like me more than Brizzy does since I was at her birth ;) It was AMAZING. Women are absolutely incredible (especially you, Lex!) The control, strength and pain that is needed for the birth of a child is unimaginable. I have a new found respect for my sister and other women.

I also had the opportunity to spend some time with all of my nieces and nephews. I love those kids so much. I don't have children, so I live vicariously through my sisters.

Here are pictures of my newest niece, my other nieces and nephews, the cabin, and some other recent good times. (You're welcome, Hillary. I'm doing this for you. and please ignore the quality of these pictures. a lot of them are iphone pictures.)










Look at those cheeks!











2 comments:

  1. I love that got a special mention! This is the most important I've felt all year. These pictures prove what happens when the highest concentration of good looking people all come together. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I'll pay you back in crepes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention, send my love to your sisters. I swear one day I'm going to save enough money I collect between couch cushions so I can commission a quilt from Briawna. I'm in love with them.

    And there was something I was going to ask, but just remind me the next time I see you or when you text.

    And I still think you are all worthy to be on the front cover of any magazine. So beautiful.

    OK, I'll stop there before I start to sound like a creepy stalker. I promise I'm just a normal stalker.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!