Sierra's View: Success.

BlogHer Header

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Success.

I was called this past Sunday to be Ward Activities Director in my singles ward.
I moved in last Tuesday.
Bishop decided to make me plan an entire ward opening social in three days. (I guess that's what you get when you move back into a ward that knows you)
I guess I'll take it as a compliment that he put me in charge of something so huge in such a short amount of time.
I was stressin pretty bad.
And you know what?
It turned out pretty well!
SUCCESS.

I'm super excited to get to know my ward better.
We had some intense volleyball players attend.
And I like that.
The food was AWESOME. Go Costco.

Let me tell you, being in charge of ward activities is ALOTOFWORK.
I'm not going to lie, I truly miss being Relief Society teacher.
I loved teaching the women and truly getting to know them.
I had that calling for a year and a half.
I guess it's time to stretch my comfort zone.
This calling will help me in enormous ways.
And I have to keep remembering that.
Even amidst the chaos.
Here's to a great year in BYU 179th Ward!

P.S. I love watermelon.
Cade and I bought 7 of them for the activity.
After a lot of stress....watermelon makes everything okay.

Word of advice: Give your full heart into your church callings.
You will notice a difference in ALL aspects of your life if you do.
Especially with callings that may scare you, or take up an exponential amount of time.
The Lord will, in fact, bless you.
(And those blessings may be a bit better than watermelon. Although, that's hard to beat.)

Stay sweet y'all.

1 comment:

  1. i love this! you'll do great sierra!! the Lord will bless you in your efforts.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!